The school's last belongings have been auctioned off...
The piano gone too.
Before it did, the Alma Mater's sound reverberated through hallways for one last time.. vacant, sad, lonely hallways..
We sing our praise to alma mater the school we all love.
We raise heart and voice in joyous acclaim.
We cherish you and all you teach us.
Blue and gold your colors our fame.
We will be true to the ideals that are strong heritage.
From on high you reign our true beacon light;
Now let’s sing out in happy chorus.
Praise to our dear school,
Cardinal Brennan High!
Saturday, January 24, 2015
The Bell Tower's final ring: Cardinal Brennan was no more. But now even in name, it's gone. The fat ghost nun on the third floor has sung..
The Pagan conquest
NORTH SCHUYLKILL HAS PURCHASED CARDINAL BRENNAN FOR UNDER $1 MILLION DOLLARS.
THERE IS NO FURTHER NEED FOR THE BELL TOWER BLOG TO BE UPDATED AND ALIVE.
BUT IT WILL REMAIN AS A REMINDER OF WHAT WAS, AND HOW IT HAPPENED..
Years in the making.. the death of a school led to the death of Catholic education in the Coal Region of PA, once famed and fortuned and now filled with grief and despair..
More information about something locally making big news.. The former Cardinal Brennan high school is going to be NORTH SCHUYLKILL MIDDLE SCHOOL very soon..
The former Catholic home to education was closed in 2007.. shuddered and tucked away in the annals of memory in the coal region..
Since the announcement was made that NS was going to take over CB, mixed emotions have developed..
- There is one common thread, though. Most people seem to be quite fine that it will be used as a home to edumucation.. but there’s some other things which are getting some heated reactions among CB alumni, including the following:
- All religious relics will be subtracted from the property.. obviously crosses and Jesus can’t exist on a publicly funded taxpayer location. Including the giant cross on the mess of the new field house that was built in the late 1990s..
- All memories of CB will be eliminated..
- The çharger horse that exists throughout various places on the campus will be painted over with NS emblems..
- The blue and gold, once the color of CB pride, will be replaced with red and blue where ever it existed..
- The places of memories and reflections of past students and classes will be trampled on by people who have no clue what happened in certain rooms or buildings. That one is upsetting to me..
- There is a good chance the bell tower, once known for the signatures of past people, may be painted over. As though none of the sneak-signings ever even happened..
- Nate, the janitor, will not be there. And for that, it’s a great misfortune on future students..
I am not in the camp blaming NS for anything.
But instead I blame the Catholic Church. I blame them for having priests who molested children for 50 years, leading to a collapse in faith and lack of church attendance ,and lack of money, and death of Catholic education. If anyone is looking for a villain, they are your best option.
Meanwhile.. This is how CB once looked way in the past, and more recently in the past..
It’s over folks
The blue and gold blood has long dried up..
Posted by Bryan at 12:55 PM